Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Three Hoilday Recipes That Will Save You

How many holiday parties do you have this year?  I just counted six on my schedule and for four of those I need to bring something to share.  So here are the three holiday recipes I came up with that I will be using.  I love them because they are simple and classy and they all scream Christmas.

For potluck lunch/dinner parties: Cranberry Salsa

1-12 oz pkg fresh cranberries
1/2 c sugar (or less)
1 medium jalapeno
1 green onion
1-2 T fresh cilantro
1/4 tsp cumin
Put all ingredients into a food processor.  Process until mixture is coarsly chopped.  Store in fridge over night to blend.  Serve with cracker and cream cheese if desired.

I don't even like serving it with cream cheese (crazy because I love cream cheese!) because its just so fresh on its own.  Thanks to my aunt Linda for giving me this recipe.  What I love about it is the tangy flavor, it feels healthy and fresh (don't you just crave healthy and fresh after eggnog and like five brownies?) and its red and green.  Hello?  Christmas.

For times when you are in charge of dessert: Mint Fudge



Generally I'm that annoying person that tries to bring healthy but yummy food to parties, but this year I'm taking a different take.  I can make healthy food for my family all the time.  But I can't make dessert for my family with out taking the risk of eating it all myself.  So I'm excited to bring this to my work potluck  on Dec 23rd.  Seriously, who works on Dec 23rd?  It should be illegal.


For friends and neighbor gifts: Cranberry and Pistachio Shortbread Cookies

I love how pretty these are with the red and green ingredients.  When I made mine though, I couldn't find any pistachios (not that I looked very hard. . . ) and so I used almonds instead.  Its the red from the cranberries that really makes them Christmas though.  If you aren't into cranberries there are SO MANY other ideas for mix ins.  One year I blended a couple herbal tea bags in my food processor (cut open the bag, blend the contents, not the whole mesh bag)  and mixed those in.  YUM.  You can also replace the vanilla with almond flavor to change it up even more!

What are your favorite holiday recipes?

(To get the recipes for the fudge and cookies, click on the link of the website under the picture.  Not Kimberly and not Pinterest, the first link.  Yep, there you go.  Good job)

1 comment:

  1. man that cranberry salsa sounds trazy! I can't even imagine what it would taste like.

    ReplyDelete

I usually respond to comments here on my blog, so check back if you want to hear from me :)