Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

I used to be pregnant

I used to be pregnant, and now I have a baby.  Well, almost a toddler, she'll be one in a month!  And yet, I still forget that I'm not pregnant anymore. 

Let me explain. 

I know I'm 50 pounds less than I was a year ago, and I know there isn't an alien in my tummy kicking, and moving and giving me heart burn.  I know I don't feel like throwing up every minute of every day. 

I know (and am grateful!) I no longer look like this:

BUT, I still expect to be treated special.  I still expect to get out of things.  I guess I used pregnancy as my "get my way all the time" card and my "I can be annoyed at you" card.  At dinner on Valentine's Day it was crowded, there were people sitting and waiting for a table.  There were two chairs available and a couple walked right past me and sat down.  I couldn't believe they didn't offer me a seat!!!  I mean, hello!!  I'm. . . not. . . anything special at all. . . oh yeah, I forgot. Stuff like this is always happening to me.  I guess I better get pregnant again soon, so I can start getting special treatment, or at the very least, being annoyed when I don't!!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, Olivia would love a brother or sister and I would be a happy grandma! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I usually respond to comments here on my blog, so check back if you want to hear from me :)