Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Call it what you will. . .

OCD, Perfectionist, Insane Person.  Call it what you will, but I have a problem.  I cannot deal with papers that have those rough spiral bound notebook edges.  I try telling my students that they cannot turn papers in if they have been torn out of a spiral bound notebook, and that I will return them with out a score, but my students have eight teachers, how can they be expected to remember that?  Because I'm certain they aren't doing it to annoy me. . . right?  Its just that they make the papers stick together and they don't lay flat, pretty much a teacher's worst nightmare.  (Just me??)

So I accept them, and I try, really try, not to let it bother me.  But somehow, with out thinking, I find myself tearing off the perforated edges most notebook paper has.  Before I know it, I've wasted 30 minutes of my grading time ripping those tiny edges off. 

What happened to good old fashioned college ruled loose leaf anyway? 

(And for my next post I'll be sharing all of my fab photo skills. Because you know these pics are HOT)

1 comment:

  1. Seriously. I hate to say "kids these days" because I was just a kid, but I don't remember ever being so careless about my assignments. (But then, I probably don't remember a whole lot!)

    ReplyDelete

I usually respond to comments here on my blog, so check back if you want to hear from me :)