Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

To the parents of the screaming child

Dear Parents of the screaming child,

I'm not saying your bad parents.  You're probably great parents, adequate at the very least.  Of course I have heard some seriously intense "conversations" coming from upstairs, but maybe that's just the tone of the language that you speak.  I don't know what language it is that you're speaking and maybe it's just gruff.  Perhaps you are saying "I love you" or "butterflies". 

So, children scream.  I get that.  I have two.  Screamers both.  Which I guess is the problem that I have with you.  Not that it's your fault.  Nope.  Not at all.  I have a problem.  It is not your fault.  You see, in the off chance that neither of my children are screaming, really the last thing I want to hear is your child.  Screaming.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we'll be moving on soon.  A plethora of reasons, really.  Not the least of which is children screaming at 2 am.  Every night.  But in parting let me just say: Cherish these moments.  They grow up so fast.

Love,
Mom of the screaming children below.

PS  I'm sorry too.

Do not be fooled by my happy calm appearance.  Like so many things it is not
what is outside, but what is inside that counts.

2 comments:

  1. ahahahahahaha. oh man. you're hilarious. sorry about the screaming kids, all around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! I wrote it late at night when I couldn't sleep. Guess why. :)

      Delete

I usually respond to comments here on my blog, so check back if you want to hear from me :)